Cookies, Cookies and More Macadamia Nut Cookies
My all time favorite of the bunch, I try not to make too many of these when I'm home alone, or I would be in some serious trouble, they are so good and quite irresistible.
Surprisingly people that say they don’t like macadamia nuts, try my cookies and I still get a mmmm, and I always walk away with an accomplished smile for converting yet another.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Ready In: 25 Minutes
Batch Makes: 36
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 ½ cup butter flavored shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups white chocolate chips
14 ounces macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Lightly grease cookie sheets or use parchment paper to line cookie sheet
- Beat butter and shortening until soft and creamy. Gradually add the sugars and beat well.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Combine flour, soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture beating well after each addition.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto lightly greased cookie sheets
- Bake for 10 minutes or until done.
- Remove to wire racks to cool
Butter and Shotening
Beat in white and brown sugar until smooth
Whisk together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt
gradually add to butter and sugar mixture, add in nuts & white chocolate chips
I used a small cookie scoop for a perfect batch
I also used a tablespoon to scoop the the rest. I like some imperfect :)
bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.
after removing from oven let them sit on the hot baking sheet for 2 minutes before removing trasfer to a wire rack for proper cooling
Post a Comment