I not a fan of complicated dishes, and this, my friend is neither hard to make nor has any complicated ingredients. Around this time, cranberry can be found in everyone’s pantry unless you absolutely hate the darn thing.
Its versatile, you can even use left over turkey, chicken breast or just boneless chicken thighs, and with only 4 ingredients not much can go wrong.
2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 package dry onion soup mix
1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- Place the chicken in a glass or non-reactive baking dish.
- Stir the onion soup mix, cranberry sauce, and catalina dressing together in a bowl until well blended.
- Pour over the chicken thighs.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove plastic wrap from the baking dish, and cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake chicken in preheated oven until top is bubbly and slightly browned, about 40 minutes.
Note: for easy cleanup, I lined aluminum foil in the bottom of the baking dish before arranging the chicken
I worked half the onion mix into the chicken and pour the rest into sauce
place the cranberry in a bowl and microwave for a minute so its easy to mix into the catalina dressing
mix cranberry, catalina and onion mix together
Pour over chicken and marinate
let it marinate for at least an hour
I lined the baking dish with aluminum foil for easy cleanup