Absolutely the best banana bread you'll ever taste, and effortless to make. Nuts are always optional but with or without them, it'll keep you coming back for more.
1 ½ cup mashed ripe bananas
2 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup vanilla yogurt
½ cup vegetable oil
1 cup white sugar
½ brown sugar
1¾ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Spray one 9x5 inch loaf pan with non-stick spray coating.
3. Blend together the eggs, buttermilk, yogurt, oil, bananas, sugar and salt.
4. Sift together flour, baking soda.
5. Add to banana mixture vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Mix in pecans or walnuts.
7. Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.