4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled
1 pound yellow yam, peeled (optional)
3 packets Grace Coconut Milk Powder
4 cups warm water
2 ounces Grace Helo Margarine
1 cup raisins, soaked
1/4 cup Cornmeal
1/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 pound dark sugar
1 tablespoon mixed spice
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup wine
2 tablespoons rum
1. Grate sweet potatoes and yam and set aside.
2. Dissolve Coconut Milk Powder in warm water, melt Margarine.
3. Combine grated sweet potatoes, yam, soaked raisins, Cornmeal, flour and dark sugar in a large pudding pan or a bowl.
4. In another bowl, combine the Coconut Milk, melted Margarine, mixed spice ,vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon powder, salt, wine and rum and mix well.
5. Add the liquid ingredients to the grated potato mixture and stir well.
6. Scrape the mixture in a greased dutch pot lined with banana leaf, pudding pan, or a baking tin
7. If baking it authentic style over a wood fire: Place over a three stone wood fire Place a flat baking sheet with lit charcoals on top of the baking container. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
8. Or if you are new aged and want to bake it in your oven: Preheated oven at 350⁰ degrees and Bake for 1hr 15mins.