If you’ve never tried a mozzarella and tomato pizza, I guarantee; if you are not lactose intolerant or hate tomatoes, you are going to love it J
What’s not to like; you take the one thing 96% of Americans already consume on a daily basis and add fresh ingredients like mozzarella, fresh tomato and basil, the smooth taste and texture is a match made in pizza heaven.
1 (4-ounce) portion ready made pizza dough, pizza crust or Pillsbury rollout crust
1/2 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 large roma tomatoes, sliced 1/8-inch thick
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, patted dry and sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
Pinch of salt
Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. (It doesn’t have to be perfect)
- Coat baking sheet or pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray
- Place dough on baking sheet
- Brush with olive oil and bake 5 minutes; remove from oven
- Sparingly add pizza sauce in a thin layer
- Evenly sprinkle pizza crust with salt, black pepper, and oregano
- Layer tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on top, sprinkle with a few basil leaves and bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until crust is browned and mozzarella cheese is melted.
- Remove pizza from oven, sprinkle with the rest of the basil leaves, slice and serve.