I’ve been promising the kids that we’d make home made pizza all week but between afterschool pickup, cheer practice, class and homework, before you know it, it’s almost time for bed, so there’s no way I had time to make pizza dough, wait for it to rise, so I can roll it out.
So I turned to the next best thing. I had cheese ravioli, pasta sauce and pepperoni …which turned into a quick week-night supper.
1 package (25 ounces) frozen cheese ravioli
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook ravioli to desired doneness as directed on package.
- Drain; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in large saucepan, combine butter, spaghetti sauce, basil, oregano and mix well
- Add to sauce, cooked cheese ravioli in layers, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and add 1 slice of pepperoni to each ravioli, continue layering until everything is gone.
- Reduce heat, cover and let everything heat through for 8 to 10 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened
- Spoon onto serving platter.
- Sprinkle with a little more cheese and serve