...they say the way to a mans heart is through his stomach,
and here's the dish that proves its not only pleasing to the eye
but will surely get you much needed attention.
once you get the meat prepped and ready for cooking, the rest is a breeze.
I served this recipe up with my baked asparagus.
- 2 (8 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 1 pound total)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter (for searing)
- Place oven rack in it's highest position. Set oven to Broil.
- Rub steaks all over with olive oil. Sprinkle with onion powder, then with salt and pepper.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around each steak, and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oven proof grill pan
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablepoon of garlic butter in hot grill pan
- Add steaks for 3 minutes on each side
- Remove grill pan from stovetop and place in oven
- Broil for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over, and broil for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until the steaks are cooked to your liking.