Chicken Marsala is a non-complex dish, so in less than 30 minutes you can use what you already have in your pantry to create a simple weeknight meal, packed with sophisticated taste, that everyone will enjoy.
· 4 boneless chicken breast halves
· 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
· 1/2 teaspoon paprika
· 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
· 3 tablespoons butter
· 3 tablespoons olive oil
· 4 to 8 ounces fresh portobello mushrooms, sliced
· 3/4 cup Marsala wine
1. Split and pound chicken breast to 1/4" thickness between 2 sheets of plastic wrap.
2. Sprinkle chicken with a pinch of salt pepper and paprika.
3. Combine flour with remaining pepper, and paprika; mix well.
4. Heat oil and butter in a heavy non-stick skillet over medium high heat.
5. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour mixture.
6. Cook on both sides until lightly browned, 3 minutes each side.
7. Remove chicken and set aside, then add mushrooms to skillet, stir frequently for about 4 minutes. Once the mushrooms start to look translucent; Add Marsala wine to pan.
8. Stir sauce and add in the chicken, sprinkle with cilantro pieces on top
9. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 8-10 minutes.
10. Serve with pasta, mashed potatoes, or rice.
Buen Provecho J