Zucchini cakes are very light and has a slight taste to crab cakes without the crab meat, its perfect for a meatless weeknight dinner of served on the side of a salad.
Ingredients:2 ½ cups grated zucchini
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¾ cup bread crumbs
¼ cup minced onion
1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper corns
1 teaspoon pepper flakes
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup all-purpose flour (for dredging)
½ cup vegetable oil for frying
- Peel and Prep zucchini, using a grater or food processor
- To get rid of the excess water, I squeezed the zucchini in batches through a cheese cloth (if you don’t have a cheese cloth, any clean piece of fabric can be used to get the water out.
- In a large bowl, combine, egg, melted butter or margarine, all seasonings, minced onion and mix well
- Add in zucchini and breadcrumbs and combine thoroughly
- Shape mixture into patties and dredge in flour
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Fry patties in oil until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove and place on paper towels to drain
I scaled the recipe down abit, I omitted dredging the patties with flour, only added ¼ cup of wholewheat breadcrumbs , 1 tablespoon of smart butter and used a coconut spray to grease my frying pan instead of frying n oil. Either way both versions taste amazing J
Post a Comment