1 Pkg. Pepperidge Farm Pastry Sheets
1 can Goya Guava Paste
Preheat oven at 425 degrees F.
1. Remove Pastry sheets from freezer.
2. Remove them from the bags and let it thaw for 20 or 30 minutes.
3. (Shouldn’t be totally thawed, should be good to handle but on the cold side)
4. Layer a cookie sheet with parchment paper (easy clean up and no guava sticking)
5. Place one of the pastry sheets flat on the parchment lined cookie tray
Guava Prep: (hot guava can cause severe burns, please use caution when doing this step)
1. Cut the guava in two and place only a half in a microwave safe container
2. Add 3 tablespoon of water and microwave on high 1 minute at a time until soft
3. Remove from microwave and mix thoroughly to slightly thin the mixture to a spreadable consistency. (You will have to move quickly or guava will get cold and harden again)
1. Spread guava puree on pastry sheet
2. Once the entire sheet is covered with guava puree, carefully layer another pastry sheet on top to make a sandwich
3. Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut up the entire pastry sheet into small squares, the sheet is already divided in 3 sections; you can cut the 3 columns lengthwise and then 4 or 5 rows across
4. At this point guava should already be cooled enough to handle, make sure to add alil bit of space in between each square.
Note: I used a fork to slightly crimp the edges (optional)
5. Make an egg wash by beating the egg with 2 tablespoons of water
6. Lightly brush each pastry square with egg wash.
7. Bake at 425 degrees F for 10 - 15 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
8. Remove and let cool for about 20 minutes.
They will be puffy and oh so Yumm!
Post a Comment