½ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup Thai-style sweet chili sauce
3 dashes Sriracha hot chile sauce, or to taste
½ cupcorn starch, or as needed
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
oil for frying
8 lettuce leaves
1 bunch green onion, chopped, or to taste
1. Whisk mayonnaise, sweet chile sauce, and Sriracha hot sauce together in a bowl.
2. Place cornstarch in a shallow bowl.
3. Gently press shrimps into cornstarch to coat; shake off any excess.
4. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
5. Working in batches, cook the shrimp until they are lightly browned on the outside and the meat is no longer transparent in the center, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
6. Put cooked shrimp in a bowl and pour chile sauce mixture over the shrimp. Toss gently to coat.
7. Line a serving bowl with lettuce leaves.
8. Pour shrimp into bowl and top with green onion.