4 (1¼ inch) thick pork chops
3 apples (core and chopped)
4-5 stripes extra thick apple wood bacon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet cook bacon until crispy, remove from pan and place on paper towels to drain
3. Using only 2 tablespoon of the bacon drippings, add chopped apples, sprinkle in salt and black pepper. Cover and cook for 4 minutes
4. While that’s cooking, chop your bacon. Then add to apple mixture, toss thoroughly, cover again and let cook for another 2 minutes or until they are translucent.
5. Cut a large pocket in the side of each pork chop; season inside and out with salt, paprika, black pepper, and garlic powder.
6. Spoon apple mixture loosely into pockets, pin together with tooth pick (if necessary)
7. Heat same skillet on medium and add 1 tablespoon bacon dripping and brown chops on both sides for 3-4 minutes
8. Place browned chops in an ungreased 9x13 inch baking dish with all the drippings from the skillet.
9. Cover with aluminum foil and put in the oven to finish cooking for 20 -25 minutes or until the internal temp of the chop reaches 150 degrees
10. Remove from oven and serving with your favorite side
REMINDER: Remove Toothpick before serving