I always pick up a pack of crescent rolls when I grocery shop for those quick fix appetizer nights, but I never get the chance to use them up. Well today while surfing the refrigerator I found myself with 4 tubes of unopened, unused crescent rolls.
Hmmm, it’s past breakfast and brunch, so I decided to make pinwheels with a kick, it only takes a few ingredient and I already had everything on hand.
These are perfect little anytizers, a little pick me up that everyone will enjoy. You may want to double or tripe the batch because they wont last long once they leave the oven.
8 oz cream cheese, softened
cooked & chopped bacon or bacon bits
3 tablespoons finely sliced jalapeño chilies (fresh or from jar)
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In small bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, bacon, jalapeno and salt until well blended; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough; separate into 2 long rectangles. Place 1 rectangle on long cutting board; press perforations to seal.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Starting with one long side, roll up rectangle; press seam to seal.
- Cut roll into 8-10 slices; place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough rectangle.
- Bake 14 to 16 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheet and serve warm.
*note: if it seems difficult to slice, place log into the freezer for a few minutes to firm up, then remove, slice and bake