Green Eggs and Ham is a best-selling and critically acclaimed book by Dr. Seuss, first published on August 12, 1960.
I grew up reading Either Dr. Suess, and now its my daughters favorite author and even though she has graduated from reading Dr. Suess books, she knows most of them by heart and is still her favorite reading book.
In honor of Dr. Suess Birthday that fell on March 2nd, I made Green Eggs and Ham. We got so carried away with the idea, I made 3 different various to appease the children
1 Tbsp milk
1 drop green food coloring or 2 Tbsp+ spinach juice
Dash of salt
Shredded Mozzarella or Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Beat the eggs in a bowl.
- Stir in the milk, food coloring and salt.
- Mix in the shredded cheese.
- You can add more food coloring until the eggs reach your desired shade of green.
- Lightly coat a pan with butter and heat it over medium heat.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook to your desired liking, (scrambled, omelet or just fried.
- Remove eggs from pan
- In the same pan, lightly brown the pieces of chopped ham.
Plate and Enjoy !
*If you are not comfortable with using food coloring, spinach juice works great also, without the spinach taste
*To make spinach juice: defrost frozen spinach and warm in the microwave, then using a cheese cloth, squeeze juice from the leaves (the kids wont even know the difference if you don’t tell them) J
My daughter wanted to know if we cracked an egg onto the already colored egg,if it would change color.. there was only one way to find out :)
I always spent my half an hour to read thisReplyDelete
web site's articles or reviews every day along with a cup of coffee.
This post is worth everyone's attention. How can I findReplyDelete