Make them tonight or make them later, either way you'll need the recipe so read more
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 large Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed and reserved
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound sweet or spicy Italian sausage
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 cup finely chopped celery
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 tablespoons paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Mushrooms stems, finely chopped
1 (10-ounce) bag fresh chopped spinach or frozen, defrosted and squeezed dry
1/2 cup bread crumbs
2 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
1/3 cup grated Parmigiano or Romano
Balsamic vinegar (to drizzle)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly brush or rub each Portobello mushroom with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, fresh chopped parsley and 2 tablespoon olive oil together until everything comes together slightly. (if you have a food processor put everything in & pulse for 30 seconds)
- Divide the filling among the mushroom caps, about 1/2 cup for each mushroom. Place the filled mushrooms on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown on top and the mushrooms are tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Garnish with remaining tablespoon of parsley, drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve warm or at room temperature.