8 oz diced cooked chicken breast
½ medium yellow onion
1 clove garlic
1 small jalapeno (optional)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
½ teaspoon sea salt
½ cup black beans
½ cup corn
3 tablespoon chopped cilantro
6-8 corn tortillas
½ cup Colby Jack Cheese, pepper jack or just plain shredded
Oil for frying
1. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
2. Add chicken, onion, jalapeno pepper and sauté until onion becomes translucent.
3. Stir in garlic, cayenne, cumin, paprika, salt, lemon pepper and continue to cook for 1-2 more minutes. Add in black beans, corn and cilantro, cooking until everything is heated through . (Turn off stove and let cool abit )
While filling is cooling, Heat oil for frying and start rolling Taquitos
4. Once filling is cool enough to handle with your hands
5. Lay tortilla on a flat surface and spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in a line and top with cheese, then roll tortillas into a thick, cigar-like shape and place, seam side down (can secure with a toothpick, just remove before serving)
6. Once done rolling taquitos, add to oil and fry for 2-3 minutes or until crisp (reminder everything is already cooked), just let it crisp up and remove from fryer onto paper towels to drain.
Server with your favorite dipping sauce