1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
Melted butter, to brush on top
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- Slice cold butter into cubes and use a pastry knife or potato masher to cut butter into dry mixture until no large chunks of butter remain.
- Add buttermilk and milk and stir with a spoon until dough forms.
- Roll out to 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut biscuits with a 3-inch biscuit cutter and arrange on a lightly-greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 22 to 24 minutes or until tops begin to turn light brown.
- Remove biscuits from the oven and cool for a couple of minutes, then brush each biscuit top with melted butter.
Note: Use a ice cream scoop and scoop spoonfuls onto a lightly greased baking sheet, brush with butter and bake (skip step 5 & 6)
Post a Comment