Bourbon glazed chicken is one of my favorite restaurant picks. The sauce is quite versatile, and can be used on chicken, fish, pork, or right off the spoon J. It’s a perfect go to meal when you are short on time and everyone is hungry and if you already have bourbon on hand then the rest of the ingredients should already be in pantry.
From stove to table should be about 30 minutes. I think the decision between roasting, grilling or pan-frying my chicken took longer than the actual cooking.
Hope you enjoy
For Bourbon Glaze
¼ cup bourbon
¼ cup brown sugar
3 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon sweet chili pepper sauce
- Whisk together bourbon, soy sauce, sugar in a small saucepan until mixed well.
- Add in garlic, mustard, and sweet chili pepper sauce
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat and allow it to come to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and let simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until mixture reduces by about half.
- Set aside and let sit at room temperature while you prepare the chicken. The glaze will thicken a bit at this time.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powder.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts on both sides with seasoning mixture.
- Add chicken to hot skillet, and cook until juices run clear or golden brown (3-4minutes) , then flip and repeat on the other side.
- After all the chicken pieces have been flipped at least once, using a basting brush, begin brushing the bourbon glaze generously onto the chicken pieces.
- Cover and let cook another 4 minutes.
- When chicken is finished cooking, remove from heat and serve
- Serve with additional glaze for topping (optional)
4 Boneless Chicken Breast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
3 tablespoon olive oil
Post a Comment